Echo3 TextField, Umlauts and IE9

Hi,

my TextArea Echo3 fields does not work with Internet Explorer 9 and Umlauts.

On Client/Browser side i get a normal Internal Error Message.

On Service side the following error occurs.

If i switch IE9 to Compatibility Mode everything is fine, but that is no final solution.

I tried with Echo3 rc1 and Echo3 beta8.

Firefox works fine.

Invalid XML Received, returning 400/Bad Request.
nextapp.echo.webcontainer.util.XmlRequestParser$InvalidXmlException: Provided InputStream cannot be parsed.
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.util.XmlRequestParser.parse(XmlRequestParser.java:125)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.InputProcessor.<init>(InputProcessor.java:103)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.Synchronization.process(Synchronization.java:100)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.service.SynchronizeService.service(SynchronizeService.java:78)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.WebContainerServlet.process(WebContainerServlet.java:432)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.WebContainerServlet.doPost(WebContainerServlet.java:316)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 4-byte UTF-8 sequence.
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanContent(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanContent(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
	at nextapp.echo.webcontainer.util.XmlRequestParser.parse(XmlRequestParser.java:121)
	... 22 more

blueshift's picture

You could try give the Echo3

You could try give the Echo3 fork at GitHub: https://github.com/exxcellent/echo3/ (master Branch) a try. There were incorporated a bugfix related to IE9 and TextFields.